New Delhi: Bollywood superstar Shah Rukh Khan’s son Aryan Khan has in his bail plea filed in the Bombay High Court said the Narcotics Control Bureau (NCB) was “misinterpreting” his WhatsApp chats to implicate him in the case of seizure of banned drugs aboard a cruise ship off the Mumbai coast.
He said the NCB’s “interpretation and misinterpretation” of the WhatsApp chats collected from his mobile phone was “wrong and unjustified”, PTI reported.
The 23-year-old, who moved the High Court after a special court rejected his bail application, claimed no contraband was recovered from him after the NCB raided the ship.
The Bollywood superstar’s son also maintained he has no connection with any of the other accused in the case except Arbaaz Merchant and Aachit Kumar.
Stating the WhatsApp chats that are being relied upon by the NCB are “ex-facie (on the face of it) of a period prior to the incident”, the appeal said: “By no stretch of imagination can those purported messages be linked to any conspiracy for which the secret information was received.”
“The interpretation of the WhatsApp messages is that of the investigating officer and such interpretation is unjustified and wrong,” the appeal said, PTI reported.
Questioning the special court’s contention while refusing him bail, the appeal said: “There is no presumption in law that merely because a person is influential, there is likelihood of him tampering with the evidence.”
The High Court will hear the bail plea of Aryan Khan, currently in jail, on October 26.
Earlier on October 3, a team of the NCB officials arrested Aryan Khan along with his friend Arbaaz Merchant and fashion model Munmun Dhamecha (28). The trio is presently in judicial custody.
The NCB, which has so far arrested around 20 people in connection with the case, earlier in the day summoned actor Ananya Pandey again on Monday for a third round of questioning.